Skip to main content

News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.6.0
Reply #300
I can't directly edit the sln files on Linux...I'll give it a look on Windows.

The latest build shows the GUI and everything on Linux with mono, it just crashes a moment later. It very almost works!

EDIT:

Huh, now it seems mono can't find schemas.microsoft.com...

I have no idea why that is necessary, but it seems to be absolutely vital? Either way, I did get it to accept the dependency eventually.
  • Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:52:46 pm by Flying Jester

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #301
Sounds like it needs to validate one of the XML files in the project against an MS schema.  That's my guess, anyway.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #302
From what I can tell, it's an address used in Microsoft files too. Maybe it's an old one? But that would be weird, mono uses this file for .NET from 2.0 to 4.5.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #303
I made some bugfixes and added a new feature. You can right click on an item in the project tree and then choose to open that folder or file in explorer. What it would do is either open the folder in an explorer window, giving you easy access to that folder in case you want to do some advanced copying or restructuring, etc. If it is a file, it'll try to open it in the default program set up for that file. So images might be opened in photoshop, code in emacs, and game.sgm in a different sphere editor, etc.

I find myself having more time now, and so I'll try to work on a few of my Sphere projects. If there is anything you want to see be added or fixed for this editor, let me know.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #304
Just downloaded the latest version (lists as 1.1.6.0) and it won't even open for me. The resulting problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   sphere editor.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.1.6.0
  Problem Signature 03:   51e9ea2f
  Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:   4.0.30319.18444
  Problem Signature 06:   52717edc
  Problem Signature 07:   26fb
  Problem Signature 08:   0
  Problem Signature 09:   System.IO.FileLoadException
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because I'm missing something like a particular .NET version or something, since Server seems to have reduced consumer capabilities by default in favor of enterprise/server capabilities. Let me know if there's a way to get more information for you for this, thanks!

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #305
You need .NET 4.5.  I upped the original requirement from 4.0 because 4.0-targetted apps can have major bugs when running on a system with 4.5 installed. (4.5 is in-place upgrade with several breaking changes)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #306
I think the version here is still 4.0, Lord English. The error is coming from a FileLoadException, likely to do with a faulty config.ini or Sphere path. It's not Neo's mistake, it's just that the current version uploaded has poor handling of files that no longer exist. I've been meaning to update it to a newer version.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #307
Ah, I wasn't sure if the switch to 4.5 was done before or after you released 1.1.6.0.

Hey, any chance of implementing split-screen support for scripts? Does Scintilla support that?  I don't usually use the functionality as it's not often needed with well-organized code, but I've had a couple scenarios where splitting an editor would be useful (for example, in my huge gamedef script, referencing existing status-effect implementations when creating a new one).  If not no big deal, I just wondered if it was feasible.

On a sidenote: I wholeheartedly recommend upgrading to VS 2013.  It's fully project-compatible with 2012 (projects created in either will open in the other with no conversion/upgrading), the GUI icons are more readily differentiable (folders are yellow again!), and it even has Git support built-in so you don't need to open GitHub just to make a quick commit. :D
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:49:53 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #308
Uh, you could just move the docked tab to the right or bottom, and boom, split screen. ;)

Also I'm not going to move to VS 2013 right now, I have a professional version of '12 which comes with a lot of neat profiling tools etc. Since I have graduated from college, I have lost the ability to pick up some nice new software. :P

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #309

Uh, you could just move the docked tab to the right or bottom, and boom, split screen. ;)

You can't open the same file twice, though.  That's the use case I meant, editing one part of a file while referencing a different area.  Not always needed, but when it is, well, small price to pay for self-documenting code. :)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #310
Oh, I see! I'll think it over and see what I can do.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #311
Alright, sounds good.  By the way I upgraded the scintilla control to the latest version, just released this past Monday.  Hopefully that fixes a few bugs with the scintilla plugin.  There seems to be a major regression with the fast script editor, though: trying to open any script results in a divide by zero error.  The VS debugger doesn't help either as the error appears to happen inside the editor control.  Thinking its time to retire that plugin?
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #312

Alright, sounds good.  By the way I upgraded the scintilla control to the latest version, just released this past Monday.  Hopefully that fixes a few bugs with the scintilla plugin.  There seems to be a major regression with the fast script editor, though: trying to open any script results in a divide by zero error.  The VS debugger doesn't help either as the error appears to happen inside the editor control.  Thinking its time to retire that plugin?

Yeah, I think it is, the fast script plugin was my experiment at trying something different, but so far scintilla seems the best in terms of performance, and syntax highlighting capabilities.

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #313
My search of the forums "studio linux" and "studio wine" didn't yield anything conclusive or rather an answer that I will ignore with blind optimism. Is it possible to run this in wine yet? (Keep in mind, the fact that it may not does not diminish my appreciation of this sweet, sweet project)

Reply #314
I have tried to run it in Wine, and also to compile it with Mono. It has never worked for me.