Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone) (Read 61315 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Reply #15
Been doing some redesign to segments of the overworld. Not quite complete.

Edit: The map section with the 9 different colored Armos was my test area for them. I need to edit it back to a single color. The different colors represent different speeds they move at. The first original redish is the slowest. The Goldish one is the fastest.
  • Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:35:26 am by Miscreant
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

Reply #16
Also creating some ProtoLevels...
  • Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:07:47 am by Miscreant

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #17
The world map looks like it would be a lot of fun to play!

Reply #18
And that's just the Overworld. None have seen anything pertaining to the underworld yet...

On a side note: Still trying to decide whether or not i want to leave the enclosed mountain area in the center the way it is or turn it into a desert area like the western part of it. Geographically, it would probably be a desert region being closed off by mountains.
  • Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:36:59 am by Miscreant

Reply #19
First of the ProtoLevels

Reply #20
I really can't get over how much my inventory progressed.

Reply #21
Attempting to create my first animation... A whirlpool.

Reply #22
Major map revisions done...

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Good to see the progress.

We could do with more game projects around here...

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #24
And that's just the Overworld. None have seen anything pertaining to the underworld yet...

On a side note: Still trying to decide whether or not i want to leave the enclosed mountain area in the center the way it is or turn it into a desert area like the western part of it. Geographically, it would probably be a desert region being closed off by mountains.
How about expanding the desert area while still leaving the mountain area next to it somehow? The mountain area looks neat but the desert does feel too small to be able to get lost in a little (isn't it only like 5 screens?). Especially with the big rock in the middle, though perhaps you weren't going for a feeling of slightly getting lost, I dunno.

Also, awesome progress. I like the pixel art in the inventory.

Reply #25
How about expanding the desert area while still leaving the mountain area next to it somehow? The mountain area looks neat but the desert does feel too small to be able to get lost in a little (isn't it only like 5 screens?). Especially with the big rock in the middle, though perhaps you weren't going for a feeling of slightly getting lost, I dunno.

If compared to the original LoZ map (https://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/563433-the-legend-of-zelda/faqs/12694?raw=1) the desert was only 5 tiles laid out in a different pattern. The 2 new revisions to the map are:

1. The enclosed mountain region is all desert now (That big rock has its own part to fulfill in the outcome of Hyrule.)

2. The obvious mountain watery pass that seperates Western and Eastern Hyrule.

Quote from: DaVince
Also, awesome progress. I like the pixel art in the inventory.

I can take no credit for the pixel art. They came from LunarSignals@OGA.

(https://opengameart.org/users/lunarsignals)
  • Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:46:51 pm by Miscreant

Reply #26
Whirlpools and warps... gorram it! I have no idea the total time spent trying to get this functionality to correctly process from both sides of the whirlpool...

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Nice, I hope you've set this up with some kind of general function so you can add more such with only 1 or 2 lines of code each time?

Reply #28
When I started it... going from the dock to the whirlpool, then panning to the island whirlpool would function correctly until i tried "exit" the whirlpool. No input attached, person doesn't exit, etc... when I finally got that to be correct, I said to myself okay, now just do the process backwards... nope. A whole new array of issues sprang up. I finally got it down to 4 lines of code in the map. 2 to enter the whirlpool & 2 to exit, there are some redundencies in the code that i need to eliminate though but after all the time spent already. I'm taking a break from it to write the Hyrulian war journal entries. Also, fixing text box widths & heights
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:01:10 pm by Miscreant

Reply #29
Off Topic Random Question: Is there an upper limit to the total number of zones and/or person entities there can be on a per map basis?