News

Topic: Sphere Web Utilities (Read 14929 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Sphere Web Utilities
Reply #30
Draw to the viewport, never have more tiles than that on screen.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #31
Heya Neo, just wondering if you're still doing things with this, since it has a lot of potential. Lack of time I guess? :)

I also owe you an apology because I was supposed to pick up the drawTextBox implementation and never did - just trying too much at once once again, I suppose.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #32

Heya Neo, just wondering if you're still doing things with this, since it has a lot of potential. Lack of time I guess? :)

Lack of time is correct; uni classes are in full swing, I shifted my remaining free time to finally updating my site's design (it's almost done, just have to fix my nav bar styling) in anticipation of another job hunt, and I want to tie up some loose ends with a couple of my desktop apps and the Triple Triad demo. Map display really is the only major format code left to implement before I do an optimization pass on everything, so if someone wants to take a crack at that they can fork the repo and make a pull request ;)

I also owe you an apology because I was supposed to pick up the drawTextBox implementation and never did - just trying too much at once once again, I suppose.

Don't worry about it. When I do the optimization pass over everything I'll take care of all the missing methods like Font.drawTextBox (which also requires copying Sphere's text wrap algorithm AGAIN).

Reply #33
I am testing pixi and this sphere-web utility code but the repository map never appears. The window style, font and sample sprite animation and spritesheet look great! The tileset appears ok but no map ever appears.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #34
I didn't finish the map load/display code in sphere-web.