Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone) (Read 18749 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Reply #405
That sounds less like development hell and more like a forced hiatus! It's nice that you're still keeping busy by thinking of new ideas, however. Can't wait to see what you'll show us once you're able to continue developing the game. :)

Reply #406
I have acquired an older PC to continue development of ZeC. Unfortunately, it is quite a few years old and can not handle miniSphere. I would really like to continue the development within miniSphere but for the time being this is what I have to program with. Perhaps in time, I will be able to acquire a somewhat newer machine that will be able to handle the installation of miniSphere. Until then, I must continue with Sphere 1.5.
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

Reply #407
Quick Edit:

While I would prefer to once again be programming with miniSphere, I don't want to sound overly negative about the age of the dev machine (WinXP circa 2006-2007). I am glad to be able to be continuing programming ZeC. It has been on hiatus for quite a while now.  However, now I get to go back to programming that pesky bomb function...
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:58:38 pm by Miscreant

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #408
The minimum requirement to run ChakraCore (the JavaScript engine miniSphere uses since 5.0) is Windows 7 SP1 so there's probably no hope of getting miniSphere to run on that machine, unfortunately. :(
miniSphere 5.2.7 - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #409
Could this older machine perhaps run miniSphere 4.x? that should run on somewhat older machines and whilst no longer supported should be a bit better to work with than Sphere 1.5 I'd think.

Reply #410
@Rhuan I'm not really sure. I haven't tried to install a version of miniSphere on this machine yet. I can attempt an install and see what happens.

Update:

Attempted to install miniSphere 4.5.11 - It would seem that this machine can not handle the installation.
  • Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:47:13 pm by Miscreant

Reply #411
Tried to install miniSphere back to 4.2. Still couldn't get it to run. Sphere 1.5 it is until I can acquire a dev machine that can actually handle newer tech.