Skip to main content

News

Recent Posts

Projects / Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Last post by Miscreant -
Tried to install miniSphere back to 4.2. Still couldn't get it to run. Sphere 1.5 it is until I can acquire a dev machine that can actually handle newer tech.
Last post by Miscreant -
@Rhuan I'm not really sure. I haven't tried to install a version of miniSphere on this machine yet. I can attempt an install and see what happens.

Update:

Attempted to install miniSphere 4.5.11 - It would seem that this machine can not handle the installation.
Last post by Rhuan -
Could this older machine perhaps run miniSphere 4.x? that should run on somewhat older machines and whilst no longer supported should be a bit better to work with than Sphere 1.5 I'd think.
Last post by Fat Cerberus -
The minimum requirement to run ChakraCore (the JavaScript engine miniSphere uses since 5.0) is Windows 7 SP1 so there's probably no hope of getting miniSphere to run on that machine, unfortunately. :(
Last post by Miscreant -
Quick Edit:

While I would prefer to once again be programming with miniSphere, I don't want to sound overly negative about the age of the dev machine (WinXP circa 2006-2007). I am glad to be able to be continuing programming ZeC. It has been on hiatus for quite a while now.  However, now I get to go back to programming that pesky bomb function...
Last post by Miscreant -
I have acquired an older PC to continue development of ZeC. Unfortunately, it is quite a few years old and can not handle miniSphere. I would really like to continue the development within miniSphere but for the time being this is what I have to program with. Perhaps in time, I will be able to acquire a somewhat newer machine that will be able to handle the installation of miniSphere. Until then, I must continue with Sphere 1.5.
Game Development / Re: The Screenshot Thread
Last post by Eggbertx -
Yeah, I noticed that and that was the idea.
It'll be neat to see something using vector graphics, I think.  You didn't see much of that with Sphere v1 because the API just wasn't designed for it.  The v2 Shape class is a perfect fit for that, though. :D
Last post by Eggbertx -
It isn't very far yet, but for Shape practice, I decided to work on a small side project: a clone of the original arcade Asteroids. Luckily, I was able to find a font that mimics the original. Rather than using sprites, with the exception of the font, I'm going to use vector graphics like the original as much as possible.

SSj Blue

It makes me happy to see this banner :)

Kind of off-topic, I notice it says "60 fps" instead of "60/60 fps", which means you have Sphere.frameRate set to infinity or else are using the Sphere v1 API without calling SetFrameRate (presumably you're FPS-locked by your graphics driver hence why it stays at 60).  I don't recommend doing this as it will max out a CPU core and kill battery life on laptops.  If you set a specific framerate the engine will be more friendly to the CPU and background programs :P