Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone) (Read 61660 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Reply #390
The missing map of Level 6 & a Protomap of Level 8.

I agree, though I was never a huge fan of Zelda 2.

Zelda 2 was a very different game than the Legend of Zelda. Many people either like it or don't. The implementing of experience points, magic, the fact that the items found in dungeons no longer needed to equipped to use, the fact that you now had a # of lives and 1-ups could be found in the game.

However, it did set certain standards that were later implemented into a good amount of the game series afterwards, such as the magic meter and Dark/Shadow Link.

Quote from: wikipedia.com
 In August 2008, Nintendo Power listed it as the 12th best Nintendo Entertainment System video game, describing it as a radical and refreshing departure from its predecessor

Quote from: wikipedia.com
Upon its release in North America, Zelda II became one of the most popular NES games of 1988, with many retailers reporting that the game was selling out that year. The game ultimately sold 4.38 million copies worldwide, making it the fifth best selling NES game, behind the Super Mario Bros. series and the first Legend of Zelda game.

It was also very similar in style and game play to The Battle of Olympus.
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #391
I love Zelda II.  Something about the atmosphere of the dungeons and towns always draws me in.  It's also unlike any other game in the series so the experience always feels fresh no matter how many times I go back to it.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #392
I haven't looked at my NES game library for quite some time cause it's in a box somewhere. I know I have The Legend of Zelda, I'm pretty sure that I still own my original Zelda II as well.

Reply #393
Levels...

I think I might want to do some redesign to level 8. I didn't realize it until I made the map I posted but there are a lot of water type rooms on one side of the map. I'm thinking they need to be spread out a little more.

Also, if you look around the Triforce Island level you can see that I finally created the sprites for the 2 master sword halves.
  • Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:13:14 am by Miscreant

Reply #394
Death Mountain

Reply #395
Hidden dungeon level

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #396
Not that hidden now, is it? ;)

Reply #397
While the map may be posted, the actual location on either the overworld or underworld map has never been revealed; so yes, actually, it is very hidden. The location is not obvious and the player must find the entrance. Shortest dungeon in the game but also the most challenging. For the item at the end is needed to reforge the Master Sword...and the OldMan at the entrance takes most of the player's items but returns everything at the end of the level.
  • Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:17:35 pm by Miscreant

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #398
Hey, how's progress? This is one of these projects I really like following. :)

Reply #399
@DaVince The project is on hold for the time being. Things are very stressful at the moment. Real life stuff... I need to move. Been packing the apartment up and trying to find another apartment without much luck so far.

I haven't decided what to do yet. Either, put ZeC on hold for a prolonged period of time or just post the whole project here for someone else to complete.
  • Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:09:52 am by Miscreant

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #400
Good luck with finding a new place to live. I hope you find something soon.

As for the project, I'd say put it on hold, but post the current in-development version for us to check out anyway. A lot of effort has gone into your game and we've lost interesting games before because they weren't shared or kept. You can always come back to it when life becomes less stressful.

Reply #401
The zip file is too large to post in the forum.

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #402
The zip file is too large to post in the forum.
Upload it with drop box or sendfile or something OR maybe make a github repository for it?

Reply #403
things are still rather hectic & stressful but for the next few days I have access to a laptop with minisphere on it so I can do a little more creation on ZeC.

Reply #404
It has been a little while since I have updated about ZeC. It seems to have fallen into "developement hell" for the time being. I haven't forgotten about it. I don't currently have or have access to a computer that I can continue to develop on. There is still a lot that needs to be created for ZeC. While I may not have a computer at the moment, I have still been coming up with ideas for further ZeC advancement.