News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200327 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
The Sphere Studio v1.2.1
Sphere Studio
Welcome to my Ultimate Sphere Editor for Microsoft .NET 4.5 Platforms!

Features:

• Plugins!!

• Smooth Map Editor

• All Sphere Formats can be opened and edited

• Syntax Highlighting

• Full Sphere 1.6 Code Completion

• Multiple-folder Game Management Page

• Dockable Layout

• Mirror Drawing Image Editor

• Sphere JS debugger! (currently minisphere has the only support)

• Project build tool

• Project settings & user settings

• ...And lots more!

Links
Download: https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/releases/tag/1.2.1
Github: https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio
  • Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:41:56 am by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.0.1.1
Reply #1
New Feature:
You can now choose multiple filepaths for your sphere games directories.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #2
Updated:
Now added priorities to your task list. This new list is incompatible with the old list since the binary files differ. That sadly means you can't use the new system with an old task list. However, I believe no one actively used that feature anyways, just like no one actively uses this editor.

You can sort by name or by priority by clicking on the appropriate column headers.

Sphere-sfml here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
Nice stuff, dude! Give the task list some colors though (red/yellow/green for priorities and grey or duller versions of the red/yellow/green for completed tasks?)

Also, some time has passed. Wondering if anything's changed on the library side  to get it to work natively on Mono?

Reply #4
Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to scan the project scripts for "// TODO" comments and add those comments as tasks.

And is it possible to change the tab size somewhere?  I would like to set it to 4 spaces. ( Also a "use spaces instead of tabs" is very common. But since the old sphere editor does not support that, it would maybe lead to chaos in scripts edited by both editors )
  • Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:27:03 am by Metallix

Reply #5

Now added priorities to your task list. This new list is incompatible with the old list since the binary files differ. That sadly means you can't use the new system with an old task list. However, I believe no one actively used that feature anyways, just like no one actively uses this editor.

Er... I both actively use the editor and the task list....
I'll probably just copy my tasks from an older version of your editor to the new one.

I don't use the editor for writing code (Emacs FTW), but I do use it for maps, sprites (importing from Photoshop), tilesets, and fonts (importing). It's a very useful tool, thanks for it.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #6

Er... I both actively use the editor and the task list....
I'll probably just copy my tasks from an older version of your editor to the new one.

Oh! Okay then, It's not too big of a problem. I'll just add a version to it, if it's versionless then it's an older one and it'll convert it to the newer format.

Since you said you use it for maps, I've got a surprise for you with my next update. It's a long time overdue and once had this feature before my map editor was rewritten. ;)

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to scan the project scripts for "// TODO" comments and add those comments as tasks.

Hmm, that could be tricky, I know visual studio does this, but it's got a very nice parser for that. I'll see what I can do. Most likely I won't scan for it, instead it'll add them as those comments are being made.

And is it possible to change the tab size somewhere?  I would like to set it to 4 spaces. ( Also a "use spaces instead of tabs" is very common. But since the old sphere editor does not support that, it would maybe lead to chaos in scripts edited by both editors )

I'll look into the spaces vs tabs thing.

Nice stuff, dude! Give the task list some colors though (red/yellow/green for priorities and grey or duller versions of the red/yellow/green for completed tasks?)

Hmm, that won't be too hard to do.

Also, some time has passed. Wondering if anything's changed on the library side  to get it to work natively on Mono?

Mono? This uses .NET forms, did you mean "ran in Wine"?
  • Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:53:33 pm by Radnen

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #7
+1 for Mono or Wine, or however it would work.

Also, out of curiosity, how would one go about editing what functions exist in the autocomplete? Would it be possible to have multiple configurations for this, like one for Sphere and one for TurboSphere? Or just ones for different versions of Sphere?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #8

Also, out of curiosity, how would one go about editing what functions exist in the autocomplete? Would it be possible to have multiple configurations for this, like one for Sphere and one for TurboSphere? Or just ones for different versions of Sphere?

Easy to modify. Just add/remove lines from docs/functions.txt, but I can try to support the switching of function lists.

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #9

Oh! Okay then, It's not too big of a problem. I'll just add a version to it, if it's versionless then it's an older one and it'll convert it to the newer format.

That would be convenient, thanks. You don't have to bother though, I can just open the old version and new version side-by-side and copy/paste.

Since you said you use it for maps, I've got a surprise for you with my next update. It's a long time overdue and once had this feature before my map editor was rewritten. ;)

Cool. :) I much prefer your map editor to the old one. It's a LOT nicer. Some feature for sometime in the future: allow some way (editor plugins?) to customize the entity creator (and ideally other stuff too). For example, I'd like to be able to set the type of monster to use with my Arq framework, then the plugin could generate the code necessary to do that. Perhaps this could be even more extensible; I could set map weather within the editor or something and it would write a little bit of code in the correct file.

Hmm, that won't be too hard to do.

If possible, it would also be nice if the user could set the colors individually for different tasks. I know the task list is a pretty small feature but personally I find it quite useful.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #10

Well, and here I went out of my way to be explicit and say "run natively". :P I guess .NET forms are one of those things that can never be supported in Mono, or something?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #11

Well, and here I went out of my way to be explicit and say "run natively". :P I guess .NET forms are one of those things that can never be supported in Mono, or something?

Well someone would have to go out of their way to re-implement .NET forms for cross-browser support. There was a library like that out there but I'm not so sure if it's active anymore. Unless Mono has one... And they do! So maybe I can get lucky.

Edit: And I'm lucky, they've got full re-implementation of WinForms 2.0. Back when I started this editor I made it only .NET 2.0, so good call on my end, it is possible perhaps to get this running under Mono and the Mono.Winforms GUI toolkit.

Cool. :) I much prefer your map editor to the old one. It's a LOT nicer. Some feature for sometime in the future: allow some way (editor plugins?) to customize the entity creator (and ideally other stuff too). For example, I'd like to be able to set the type of monster to use with my Arq framework, then the plugin could generate the code necessary to do that. Perhaps this could be even more extensible; I could set map weather within the editor or something and it would write a little bit of code in the correct file.

Well, some of that would take Tung's persist as the back-bone. I could add a plugin interface to the editor, perhaps that would help make it easier to do more custom things such as this.

Update
Edit: I don't want to store extra colors with the task list, but if it helps, I've color coded just the priority. Furthermore, I added a type category, the type category can be set to UI, Bug, Feature, Addition, Gameplay, Art, and Other. Then you can sort by what type of task you feel like finishing, or by name, or by priority. Hitting a column the first time will make it sort ascending, hitting it again will make it flip between ascending and descending, a behavior that's not .NET stock. ;)

Edit2: Optionally there is another layout style I can try out, see the second attachment for the style. Tell me which is better.
  • Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:37:04 am by Radnen

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #12

Well, some of that would take Tung's persist as the back-bone. I could add a plugin interface to the editor, perhaps that would help make it easier to do more custom things such as this.

The idea is that the extension would be able to decide the backbone.
I think if you just add some way for plugins to modify the editor UI, or even replace parts of it like the entity creator, it would open huge areas of possibility for custom Sphere RPG frameworks.

Edit2: Optionally there is another layout style I can try out, see the second attachment for the style. Tell me which is better.

Hm, I think I like the second one a little better. You can still sort it by type, right?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #13

Hm, I think I like the second one a little better. You can still sort it by type, right?

The second one can't easily be sorted by type (well, it's already sorted anyways). I'm trying to build a way to switch between both views, but the .NET ListBox is causing me nothing but trouble. I'm running into a problem that if you keep it compact and save it, and then reload it, it won't populate the grouped list. And adding new entries to the compact list won't add to the grouped list (but I think I have that fixed now).

The way Microsoft implemented the listbox, if ShowGroup is true, then you can add items to a group, but if it is off you can't. That is not a use case for it, however. The ShowGroup option only affects the display, therefore I should still be allowed to add items to groups even if they aren't being shown. So I've been trying to work around such oddities.

I like both styles, the compact would be great for long task lists (to find a task) while the grouped is good for more organized editing or smaller lists.

Update
I moved to ObjectListView library for the task lists. You want tasks!? Well now I've built a fairly grandiose task manager. I'll post screens later, I'm still configuring the graphical end (colors and what-not). Ok... I think I put too much time into this feature, but there was a lot of good merit to figuring this out. In fact I feel like redoing some other lists to use the ObjectListView Library, because it also adds an awesome tree view (which is nice since the project list is also a tree view!!)

Edit:
Damn it. ObjectListBox is not Mono compatible. And I was doing so well with it!
  • Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:51:48 pm by Radnen

Sphere-sfml here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #14
New Feature
You can now MultiSelect tiles in the map editor. I had this feature once before, but not in the new map editor after I recoded it. Now bushes and such things would be easier to paint.

Furthermore, I'm going to release v1.1.0.0 which will incorporate all of these changes that I have made.

My next step is to turn this into a completely plugin based system and switch it over entirely to Mono. Wish me luck on these two! I've already shown though, that I can make a plugin based editor since I had attempted one with Mono under Linux. But this time I want to see if I can convert my already mature project over. I think it can be done with a bit of know-how.

Sphere-sfml here