News

Topic: QtSphere IDE 0.6.0 (Read 35927 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: QtSphere IDE (working title) 0.1
Reply #15
Even though I'm using a Windows laptop (for my internship) these days, I seriously can't wait to see this enter a usable state. :D

Reply #16
As of 0.2, you'll be able to open/save script/plain text files (in progress), it'll have syntax highlighting (mostly done) and tabs.

Reply #17
Yes I know it looks like crap for the time being, but while I'm still working out the kinks, QSI has basic theme support now.

Re: QtSphere IDE (working title) 0.2
Reply #18
Finally, syntax highlighting (mostly) works, at least for Javascript. You can open and save files, and it checks to see if any open files have been modified.

Reply #19
You should probably focus on things like maps/spritesets/fonts first - that's the real pain of Sphere on other platforms. I can't work with Sphere on Mac because I can't create maps or sprites, but I can use any editor for JS.

Reply #20
I just figured I'd work on Javascript/text because I'm new to Qt and C++ and wanted to get something relatively simple out of the way. I'm working on map editing now.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #21
Hey Eggbert, are you still working on this? It was looking rather promising. :)

Reply #22
I am, and I apologize for its inactivity. I have a bad tendency to get involved with too many projects at once. On two of them, a couple more people are being added to the team, and another is being set aside until QSI is at a usable state for more than just text/code editing.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #23
Well, it's good to know the project is still very much alive!

I have a bad tendency to get involved with too many projects at once.

Oh, I know this feeling all too well.  ;D

Reply #24
And now it has syntax highlighting and line numbering via QScintilla!

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #25
Blegh, variable width font for code :P  otherwise looks nice though. :D
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #26
I kinda got sick of  Windows' library dependency bullsh** and by that point, I just wanted to get that part of it finished. Changing the font will take all of...two lines of code.

Reply #27
Oh, also, when I get some more work on it done, you'll be able to set that in a stylesheet file. Qt uses qss files, which have an almost identical syntax to CSS.

Edit: I just booted into Windows and it won't build, because of dumb linking errors :/
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:55:08 pm by Eggbert

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #28
Nice example project. :P (I need to learn not to pollute the global scope like that...)

A style sheet file, huh? I like that. Makes me think of how Sublime Text (or VS Code, or Atom...) stores its editor configuration. You just open and edit a file and see any changes made immediately.

Do you have a Github repo set up for this yet? I'm getting kinda eager to check it out, even if it's still in a very primitive state.

Reply #29
What do you mean by global scope? And yes, Visual Studio Code is my favorite text editor/IDE, so QSI takes some influence from that. It doesn't store regular config stuff there though, that goes in a json file (also like VS Code). Since QSI is much more simple though, most configuration is done through a built-in dialogue box.
there's a link to the repo in my signature.