Skip to main content

News

Topic: miniSphere 5.2b3 (stable 5.1.3) (Read 286572 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Re: miniSphere 5.2b2 (stable 5.1.3)
Reply #2205
miniSphere 5.2 beta 2 is now available with more bug fixes and optimizations, better Sphere v1/v2 interop (including tweaks to how FlipScreen is handled in v2 code), support for all Sphere v1 surface blend modes and the ability to use Z.deflate and Z.inflate in Cell.
miniSphere 5.2b3 (stable: 5.1.3) - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Re: miniSphere 5.2b2 (stable 5.1.3)
Reply #2206
Found a bug in beta 2: Calling MapEngine() or FlipScreen() from the event loop will cause the engine to crash on exit. :disappointed:

I have an idea of the cause already; fix will be in either beta 3 or 5.2.0 final, whichever comes first.
miniSphere 5.2b3 (stable: 5.1.3) - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Re: miniSphere 5.2b3 (stable 5.1.3)
Reply #2207
This just in!  miniSphere 5.2b3 is up and fixes more bugs and brings new features for backward compatibility testing: 1) An apiLevel field in the game manifest for targeting a specific version of the API, and 2) --retro command-line option for SpheRun that makes the engine emulate the targeted API level (anything newer is disabled).