News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200515 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.7.0
Reply #525
Sphere Studio somewhat runs under Wine now.  It shows the IDE and the initial configuration, but there's a pretty big showstopper: Attempting to do pretty much anything, creatinng a new project or even just opening the API reference, makes it lock up completely.  And Mono won't run it at all.  So... yeah, it seems it's still a long way off from getting this to run on Linux. :(
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.2.0
Reply #526
Ok everybody, version 1.2.0 is out now.

It's been something Lord English and I had been working on for a while now, from draft to execution. Most of it was his ideas for propelling minisphere into the future, this included things like the debugger and project settings overhaul, among other things (such as the console output window). Go check it out!
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #527
Nice, this was a lot of fun to make happen. ;D  By the way there's an Inno Setup script in the repo you can use to make an executable installer.

edit: I went ahead and attached the installer to the GitHub release:
https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/releases/tag/1.2.0
  • Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:12:56 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• FBnil
  • [*][*]
Reply #528
hey nice! downloading later (I am on my break, but supposed to be working)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #529
@FBnil: I re-uploaded the files for Radnen because I discovered that he mistakenly posted an outdated build, as a result the link in the OP is broken.  Here are working links:
https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/releases/download/1.2.0/SphereStudio-1.2.0.exe (installer)
https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/releases/download/1.2.0/SphereStudio-1.2.0.zip (zip)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #530
Oh,  I did. Sorry guys! I guess I chose the wrong folder, perhaps was building in Debug mode and forgot to make a Release build for the archive. :P
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #531
@Radnen You should update the OP, the link is broken now and I can't edit your post (unlike the GitHub release post).
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #532

@Radnen You should update the OP, the link is broken now and I can't edit your post (unlike the GitHub release post).

Ok, I just pointed the link to the GitHub release tag, since it contains all the downloads.

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #533
So, I got a new (to me) laptop that has Windows 10 on it, and didn't have much choice to use this editor since the Vanilla one locks up when I try to edit an image.

Umm.... where do I edit resolution?

No hot keys for copy & paste in the script editor? That's a bit frustrating.

Sometimes when I load up the editor from turning on my computer, errors tend to fly...Not sure if it's something I'm missing or what..

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #534

So, I got a new (to me) laptop that has Windows 10 on it, and didn't have much choice to use this editor since the Vanilla one locks up when I try to edit an image.

Umm.... where do I edit resolution?

No hot keys for copy & paste in the script editor? That's a bit frustrating.

Sometimes when I load up the editor from turning on my computer, errors tend to fly...Not sure if it's something I'm missing or what..

Copy and paste, the normal Windows hotkeys for that should work (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V), at least it does for me.  Believe me, I would be fixing that in a jiffy if it didn't!  The resolution should be editable in Project Properties, if not I'll check into it.

Don't know about the errors.  It's been working flawlessly for me for months on end.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #535
Turns out I accidentally removed the resolution selector when I redid the dialog boxes.  Oops! :-[  Here's a fixed build:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxPKLRqQOUSNdkRQZ2VvRlpfcHc
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #536
So I found out that ObjectListView is not compatible with Mono:
http://objectlistview.sourceforge.net/cs/faq.html#does-it-work-with-mono

I wonder if this is the reason Sphere Studio won't load under Mono...
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #537
It probably contributes, but I think there's probably more that causes issues.

Have you tried running the editor in a terminal? It always outputs a whole bunch of stuff that can probably be pretty indicative of what's missing/needed/where it crashes.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #538
When I tried it under Windows Mono, I got no output whatsoever, unless I used mono -v in which case it just logged the creation of the default Exception instances (OutOfMemoryException, NullReferenceException, etc.).  It took me a bit to realize that was just runtime logging and not related to Sphere Studio specifically.

I'll try installing Mono on my Ubuntu VM and see what happens there.  That might let me use gdb too.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #539
ObjectListView is part of the task list plugin. If you don't load it, there shouldn't be a problem. Someday we can make a task plugin that is Mono compatible.

Sphere-sfml here