News

Topic: Easier quest creation? (Read 10580 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Easier quest creation?
Reply #15
^ What Lord English said. You can basically take your own code and replace 0, 1, 2 with some descriptive strings, if that makes things more convenient for you.

Reply #16
Like I said, I'm quite amateur when it comes to programming, so I get confused easily with these things. :P

Okay, so basically I understand what both of you are talking about; implementing it into my game may be quite the task though, as I'd have to remember to change my coding style for when I create quests. The second part is time consumption. I really don't want to have to spend all of my time writing code for quests when I still have to write gameplay mechanics, do world maps, create unique dialogue (I don't want two NPCs to have the same dialogue), and so forth, but if that's the only way to do it, I suppose I'll have to go with it.
"If you don't build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs."

Challenging Apathy | Follow me on Twitter!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #17
My idea may seem complex but it's easy to write and use. I made my quest system - no matter how complex it looks to save time in writing future quests.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #18
I'll take a look at your work and consider my options and get back to you all if I end up doing anything that I need help with. Thanks for the patience with my ignorance haha

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #19
Well, what I posted is not the full code. There's still the underlying questsys library. Once I release it I can make a tutorial.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #20
Okay, that sounds good. :)