Skip to main content

News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 88208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1
Reply #630
Instead of changing the background color based on priority, why don't you create an icon for each?

If I may suggest:
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #631
I like that a lot more - the gray font colors just *really* don't work well.

Reply #632
That was just a quick mockup I did. It does improve the readability of the Task List. Another thought would be to keep it the way it currently is and just darken the font some.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #633
Ideally the colors should be more subtle.  I don't want to do icons-only because then the high- and low-priority tasks don't have enough to differentiate them.  An item with a red background just screams "do this next!" that's lost with the icons.  It's just that it's not very readable right now...
miniSphere 5.0b4 (stable: 4.8.8) - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #634
In that case, making the text itself fully black would be the way to go. And decreasing the saturation of the background on the finished tasks.

Reply #635
I've also noticed that there are no tile numbers (eg 0/10) or pixel(x,y) (like in 1.5) in the tile/map editor. Was this done purposely or perhaps an oversight?

For me, Tile numbers in particular are extremely useful with Get/SetTile().