Skip to main content

News

Topic: QtSphere IDE (working title) 0.2.3 (Read 3715 times) previous topic - next topic

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: QtSphere IDE (working title) 0.2.3
Reply #75
Atom is nice, but I always felt like VS Code is a bit snappier and has less cruft. Which is surprising, considering the developer :P
Wow VSCode is nice - trying it out today and really taken to it fast.

Reply #76
Definitely. And it has a lot of plugins that make it even better, like a live Markdown preview pane, or various language-specific extensions. I don't know if you noticed, but it also has a built-in terminal that defaults to bash in Linux (and presumably macOS) and Powershell in Windows.

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #77
Definitely. And it has a lot of plugins that make it even better, like a live Markdown preview pane, or various language-specific extensions. I don't know if you noticed, but it also has a built-in terminal that defaults to bash in Linux (and presumably macOS) and Powershell in Windows.
I haven't noticed the terminal

Also whilst I like the interface, two things it's not doing for me that I'd really like at the moment (I'm sure it can do them):

1. Highlight/underline undefined variables.
2. Highlight.underline duplicate definitions. (Both of these features were in QT Creator's text editor and were a key reason I used it for a while, but it can't cope with ES6 properly)

Reply #78
I'm not sure about duplicate definitions, but it does, but there is a section that shows problems with your code.

Reply #79
Actually, it looks like it does show a problem if you declare a variable with let twice, but not with var.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #80
That makes sense actually: Duplicate let is a runtime error (in a compliant engine anyway--transpilers don't tend to enforce it), duplicate var is completely legal.
miniSphere 5.0b4 (stable: 4.8.8) - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan