Skip to main content

News

Topic: NES controller font by me (Read 5757 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
NES controller font by me
Now usable for the most common cases (English alphabet + German eszett + 0-9), my attempt to recreate the retro-futuristic Roc Mitchell font, Logos, is now at a state I feel comfortable advertising. Download New Era Software for free today!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: NES controller font by me
Reply #1
That's a really sweet looking font, N E O. Nice job!
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #2
It does good, and I go get the NES vibe from it.

The only part that seems off to me is the lowercase z, though. It looks a little bulged.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #3
Looking at it again I see there are inconsistencies in the letter forms. The descenders on p and q for example look different than y, j and g. And then the uppercase C is curved on the left, but the B and D is flat and E only has the upper left flat.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #4

The only part that seems off to me is the lowercase z, though. It looks a little bulged.

Part of the current limitations of the FontStruct engine.

Looking at it again I see there are inconsistencies in the letter forms. The descenders on p and q for example look different than y, j and g. And then the uppercase C is curved on the left, but the B and D is flat and E only has the upper left flat.

All supposed to look like that.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #5
Update: decently constructed digits are now available, download and update your font today!