Skip to main content

News

Topic: GaMc (Read 4425 times) previous topic - next topic

GaMc
GaMc

GaMcis a metroidvania puzzle platformer made during TOJam 11.  Grab blocks, jump around and solve the puzzles to unlock all the switches to the end.  For the adventurous, find all the golden treasure goats to get to the secret end room, but be warned, you better be ready to glitch the game out to make it there...

It's a pretty short game.  Getting to the end should be reasonably ok if you explore the full map.  Getting all the treasures should be pretty hard since you have to abuse a few different glitches in the process, so good luck!

Also, as a side note, while I was testing this game after the jam, I noticed that on some screens the game would update normally, but the screen just wouldn't flip correctly.  It would appear to lag and chop excessively, but the game would still be playing normally, I just couldn't see it.  It seems like that problem was fixed after changing the draw/update loop:

Code: [Select]

//From
while (true)
{
    drawMap();
    FlipScreen();
    UpdateEntities();
    while (GetTime()-last_time < frame_time);
}
//To
while (true)
{
    drawMap();
    FlipScreen();
    UpdateEntities();
    while (GetTime()-last_time < frame_time)
    {
        drawMap();
        FlipScreen();//without this line it would still chop.
    }
}

Got into this problem on both 1.4 and 1.5 of the engine and open_gl.  Didn't try it out on earlier versions.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: GaMc
Reply #1
Did you try on minisphere?

Anyway this looks pretty neat, I'll check it out.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub