Skip to main content

News

Topic: The Screenshot Thread (Read 34662 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Screenshot Thread
Reply #195
Did you use SSj or SSj Blue to help you develop that?  Because that would be incredibly appropriate.  :P

The funny thing is, I probably don't even know how to use those to their full potential! I'm like an RPG Maker creator who stumbled upon Sphere by mistake. My code for this project is one big mess at this moment but somehow I manage to make things work. :P

That looks great! I didn't play much of Legend of Goku 1 or 2 but I immediately thought of those when I saw that screenshot

It's supposed to be sort of a remake/homage to the first one. I'm using a lot of sprite animations from there now, but I was recently joined by a really talented pixel artist who is gonna help me replace most of them with original art.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #196
The funny thing is, I probably don't even know how to use those to their full potential! I'm like an RPG Maker creator who stumbled upon Sphere by mistake. My code for this project is one big mess at this moment but somehow I manage to make things work. :P

Just goes to show how accessible JavaScript is.  Which says a lot, given how arcane curly-brace languages tend to look to the uninitiated.

Had Chad Austin picked any other language than JavaScript to drive the engine, I fear Sphere would have fell off the map a long time ago along with all the other failed RPG creation tools/engines.  Instead it managed to hang on just long enough for someone (me) to get fed up with all the bugs and rewrite the damn thing from the ground up. :P
miniSphere 5.0.1 - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan

• Rukiri
  • [*]
Reply #197
Can I post a video?
I'm gonna post a video.
Using a screenshot.
Planning to have the dragon radar on the bottom? 
Kinda like the old hud better personally :(

Reply #198
I wasn't sure about it at first, but it kinda grew on me pretty quickly! I want to find some use for it other than just a decor.

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #199
Did you use SSj or SSj Blue to help you develop that?  Because that would be incredibly appropriate.  :P

I'd love to help you re-code it if you're interested?

But not until my map engine is done - so not for at least a few weeks.