Skip to main content

News

• The forums have now switched to ElkArte, an SMF fork which is more modern and maintained better!

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 80234 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Re: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1
Reply #615
Almost there, just have to work some of the bugs out (switching projects usually crashes the IDE, and I don't know why yet)  I ended up embarking on a massive refactoring project in the process of implementing this.  The Sphere Studio codebase is much better organized now.

Anyway, here's a screenshot showing off lots of stuff. :)
miniSphere 4.8.2 - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
Forum Thread | GitHub Repo

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #616
Thanks to @Miscreant for tipping me off, I'm in the process of hunting down bugs in the spriteset and map editors that can cause the IDE to crash.  A lot of the default plugins are glitchy; it's fairly old code and suffering pretty badly from bit rot, especially with the all the refactoring going on around them lately.  This is largely my fault: I do all this refactoring to the core, but never touch the editor plugins.

C# is a joy to code in though, so I don't mind fixing stuff. :)

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #617
I'll admit the plugins were glitchy because at the time it was such a huge undertaking to recreate the massive amount of editors for sphere 1.x development. They never got the polish they deserve. The map editor in particular was recoded 3 times and while I'm happy with the current version for 1.x maps, there's still some stuff I'd love to have cleaned up.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Reply #618
By the way @Radnen, how do you like the new dark theme (based on the screenshots)?  It was tricky to get all the colors to work well together, but I really like the way it turned out.  I find it a lot easier to differentiate different parts of a statement compared to the classic colors.  For example there was one file I saw that had half of the code commented out but I didn't realize it until I switched to the Dark theme. :P

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #619
I love the look. It's dark theme but not hard on the eyes. There's a softness to it I like. +1
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here