Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project Infineon - An unorthodox procedurally generated Dungeon Crawler. (Read 55 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Infineon - An unorthodox procedurally generated Dungeon Crawler.
    As it's codename may imply, Project Infineon is a procedurally generated dungeon crawler pulling both creative and technical inspiration from games like Spiral Knights, the newest Tekken game, Minecraft, Cube World, and others.

The goal in mind is to create a game that generates most if not all content, including but not limited to terrain, caves/dungeons, mobs, NPCs, weapons, potions, and other items. It will also be possible to add content packs made by other users that may add additional storylines, new game mechanics, etcetera but I'm still on the fence about how far I want to take the API for that.

For my own sake, I'm dumping a list of features that I would like to add, as well as features that I need to add. I'll try and update this as development progresses.

• Stuff to implement:

• 3D rendering library (With ability to color polygons as an alternative to using textures)
      • Sound management library
      • GUI library
      • Code gremlin repellent system
    • Extra ideas to implement:

• "Monika" miniboss (Reference to Doki Doki Literature Club)
      • System for displaying a random character on the main menu
      • Obligatory "Is that a Joe Joe reference?!" (I need to watch Joe Joe's Bizarre Adventure)

That's about it thus far, I'll update this with some screenshots once I make some progress with the 3D rendering system.
  • Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:25:25 am by SilicateWielder
When in doubt, blame code gremlins.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Project Infineon - An unorthodox procedurally generated Dungeon Crawler.
Reply #1
Sounds like a grand, ambitious, fun project! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

GUI library
If it helps, Rhuan has created a very nice HUD system you might be able to leverage. (see HUDSystem.mjs here)

Code gremlin repellent system
First we had eaty pigs :pig_nose:, now we have code gremlins?!

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • miniSphere Developer
Re: Project Infineon - An unorthodox procedurally generated Dungeon Crawler.
Reply #2
Code gremlin repellent system
First we had eaty pigs :pig_nose:, now we have code gremlins?!

Well we need something to feed the pig with, right?  So that we don't get eaten by it.
miniSphere 5.0.1 - Cell compiler - SSj debugger - thread | on GitHub
For the sake of our continued health I very much hope that Fat Cerberus does not become skilled enough at whatever arcane art it would require to cause computers to spawn enourmous man eating pigs ~Rhuan