Skip to main content

News

Recent Posts

Projects / Re: Sphere 6502 emulator
Last post by Eggbertx -
Aaand done. Thanks for the help, Fat Cerberus and rhuan!
Last post by Fat Cerberus -
I'm intrigued and looking forward to seeing more. :D
Last post by Eggbertx -
Making a new thread when this one is still on the first page seems kind of pointless, so I'll just resurrect this one.
Like how I've resurrected the 6502asm.com -> miniSphere port! And it actually (sort of) works this time, though rendering is kind of sluggish.

It also has a ROM hexdump function.
Engine Development / Re: miniSphere 5.1.3
I've updated the link for the macOS build in the OP to 5.1.3.  All supported platforms are now up to date. :D
Last post by Rhuan -
MacOS release of 5.1.3 link here until @Fat Cerberus uploads a copy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbv7fohz60iigu9/miniSphere%205.1.3.zip?dl=0
Articles / WIP: Sphere v2 Tutorial
Last post by Rhuan -
Still a work in progress but I've been a writing a combined tutorial for modern Javascript and Sphere v2.

Would be interested in any thoughts, latest version can be seen here - note the documents aren't linked together they're just all in the same folder of this gitbhub repo - they're formatted with markdown so should be easy to read directly on GitHub:

https://github.com/rhuanjl/SphereLibs/tree/gettingStarted/Sphere%20v2%20Tutorial
Engine Development / Re: miniSphere for Mac (with link)
Last post by Rhuan -
I now do macOS builds for most releases of miniSphere which are posted in the main miniSphere topic so closing this.
5.1.3 is up to fix a couple annoying issues and add support for Promise#finally().  The error screen is also a bit more colorful now. :smile:
Engine Development / Re: miniSphere 5.1.2
Last post by Eggbertx -
Removing 32-bit support seems pretty reasonable, considering Windows 7 was released 8 years ago according to Wikipedia. And that's a long time in technology years.
Engine Development / Re: miniSphere 5.1.2
miniSphere 5.1.2 improves exception handling for asynchronous code.  Unhandled rejected promises--and by extension, uncaught exceptions in async functions--will now trigger the error screen the same as a normal exception.  It also adds system-directory packaging: When packaging a game into an SPK, Cell will now include the system files to future-proof the package (do note that the packaged system files will be ignored unless the package is run with v5.1.2 or later).

These are somewhat large additions for a point release (and technically violate semantic versioning rules), but they are low-risk changes and I wanted to get these out sooner rather than later, particularly the async exception handling.

Note: In line with the post above, the Windows release of miniSphere 5.1.2 is 64-bit only.