Skip to main content

News

Recent Posts

Projects / Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Last post by Miscreant -
Basic design for level 8 is created.
Last post by Miscreant -
Designed the 'specialty' level. Shortest level in the game but one of the most difficult because of the item it holds. Need to design a new spriteset for one of the NPCs in that level. Still trying to come up with a Protolevel for Level 8. Started to code the missing maps of the underworld. Also need to readjust some of the obstructions on a few of the underworld tiles as I discovered that in certain spots the player can walk on water.
Last post by Miscreant -
In the process of creating Death Mountain, I came to realize that the levels are not complete. I have created Levels 1 through 7, the dual Triforce Island level and Death Mountain. However, it seems that I skipped Level 8. Now, to design another level for a Triforce Piece... I still need to design a specialty level for a particular item that the player needs to reforge the Master Sword. I'm going back over my developement notes to see what else I may have left out.
Last post by Miscreant -
Somehow, the mouse decided to function today. Death Mountain is in the process of being designed. Creating the individual map rooms javascript files. 33 of 60 rooms defined thus far. Largest level in the game. Second largest is the Triforce Island multi-levels with a combined total of 54 rooms. After Death Mountain is created I have to finish coding the underworld.
Last post by Miscreant -
Also a trackball is something different than a mouse

I know. Had a logitech trackball attached to a 386pc back in the early 90's. What I'm saying is that I saw a mouse that had the option of being used as a mouse or a trackball.
Last post by Chad Zechs -
Also a trackball is something different than a mouse and I actually find they give you more control.

Only once you adjust to it. And depending on your hand dexterity, that can be easy or complicated.
Last post by Fat Cerberus -
It's generally pretty easy to find $10-$15 mice in my experience.  Also a trackball is something different than a mouse and I actually find they give you more control.  I have one hooked up to my laptop, it's nice.

Even the cheapest mouse shouldn't crap out after 2 days though.  Definitely try to get your money back on that one.
Last post by Miscreant -
There are still mice that can cost that much. When looking for an inexpesive replacement mouse I found some in the price range of well over 200 dollars. I was like "WTF, it's a mouse... you point and click." Tons of unneeded buttons, some that had trackballs built in (it's an optical mouse, the trackball isn't needed), I even saw one that you can "transform" the mouse cover on. Seriously, is it really that difficult to find a simplistic 2 button wheel mouse nowadays that won't cost 50 dollars and up...
Last post by DaVince -
Hey, at least they no longer cost $415 like the original Xerox mouse. :) But yeah, you better return that crap.
Last post by Miscreant -
Getting really gorram frustrated with this computer mouse...

Edit:

Begin Rant:
For any fans of Family Guy: "You know what grinds my gears..."

I have been unable to do anything with ZeC for hours because of this mouse. Brand new batteries, swap usb ports, clean the lens... nothing. Now almost 2 hours later since this was first posted, it is barely functioning. The pointer on the screen goes between sporatic movement to unresponsive... for the not so cheap cost of peripheral devices these days a non functioning mouse after 2 days is utterly unacceptable. It's enough to write the company about their inferior product.

End Rant

Sorry,  just needed to get that off my chest.